NOMADS Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still Alive

3 posters

Go down

Still Alive Empty Still Alive

Post by Misfit Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Yep, I am still alive. I have been taking care of the wife's grandparents since he fell and broke his shoulder. He had to have a shoulder replacement at age 83 so the recovery takes a bit of time. I don't have my computer with me so I am typing this on my tablet. Just to let you all know, I expect to be back sometime in December if things go well.
Misfit
Misfit
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Still Alive Empty Re: Still Alive

Post by Guinness Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 pm

That is very noble of you.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.  Cya when you return =)
Guinness
Guinness
Website Administrator
Website Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Low-Key Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah, I know how that goes at their age.  My healthy, spry 85-year-old uncle decided to stop taking his prednisone cold turkey last month and got pneumonia, (among other things), and died right before Thanksgiving.  Grandma had to cancel her plans to go to my sister's in CA with us to go to his funeral 3 days before Thanksgiving.  It's always a little risky with the post-80 crowd, they just don't bounce back as easily as they used to.  Best wishes taking care of your wife's grandfather.  I hope he does better than my uncle did.  Also, if he's on any medications, make sure he realizes he should be seeing a doctor and discussing getting off medication, not just deciding it isn't working and stopping himself. 

I myself have just been logging in to check whether the patch finally went live so we can siege and paying taxes.  I intend to be back more regularly after that.  Hope to get back to resupplying some of our material stocks then.

Low-Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down