NOMADS Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repop Reborn

4 posters

Go down

Repop Reborn Empty Repop Reborn

Post by Duush Baggins Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:33 pm

So if you haven't heard the news here it is: Unreal Engine and Fragmented Announced

We'll get a new version of Repop under UE and a shooter style RPG to play in the neamtime.  Personally I look forward to repop under Unreal Engine.  There's a lot of stuff you can do with it and it runs FAR better than Hero.

Just curious if anyone read my Repop form post on the entertainment systema and had any thoughts...

Duush

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Repop Reborn Empty Re: Repop Reborn

Post by Low-Key Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Just read the announcement before I headed over here. Not a fantastic solution, but it is a pretty decent one. I guess we're back in business.

I don't think I've ever visited the Repop forums, I'll give it a look when I get a chance.

Low-Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Duush Baggins Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 am

Overall I'm actually glad.  Yes it'll be a while before we have another playable version of repop, but there are huge advantages.  UE4 is capable of way more, much better hardware utilization and graphics potential, mods and far better support from the engine community, just to name a few

Plus there's my favorite part, a native Linux client!

Here's the link to my post: Entertainment System

Anyone planning on playing Fragmented while we wait?

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinness Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Awesome, ty for the update. I will definitely look into playing fragmented. At least check it out =)
Guinness
Guinness
Website Administrator
Website Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Duush Baggins Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:15 pm

I want to ask what are your thoughts on the most sigificant advantages or drawbacks on switching to the Unreal 4 engine?  Also what do you think overall about the solution ABT came up with in releasing Fragmented to both appease Repop backers and generate additional cash flow while they recode the game?

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinness Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:59 am

I like the unreal engine because I am used to it. I played the first Unreal when it came out with monster 3d before Nvidia was a thing.  Then, games started to adopt this style.  A lot of games that I have been playing I.e.  1st person shooters, and some mmos have this style of combat system oriented gameplay.  I think they will make it work and can be conducive within this genre of games.  I did however like the feel repop had because it reminded me so much of Star Wars Galaxies.  I wanted that nostalgia feel again.  However, I believe the course of action they are taking is a much needed one.  It is always best to upgrade and expand on the current software so that there won't be as many conflicts within the game platform trying to handle the latest graphics cards, etc... Lastly, I do think coming out with Fragmented is the right thing to do.  It means they really do care about their backers and what they think.  Otherwise, they could have cut bait and ran and left us all high and dry.  My 2 cents and strictly my opinion.
Guinness
Guinness
Website Administrator
Website Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Duush Baggins Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Anyone playing Fragmented?

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwater Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:13 am

Hey Duush
Glad to see your still active. I've got the key for Fragmented and starting to play, well somewhat. Are you playing yet if so could use some help lol.

Darkwater
Guild Leader/Admin
Guild Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duush Baggins Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I got a key in the second batch, but there is no client for my OS.  I've tried to get it to work with no luck.  I haven't been able to force myself to buy another HD and install windows.  Fragmented would literally be the only thing I would use it for.

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwater Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:46 pm

what OS are you using.

Darkwater
Guild Leader/Admin
Guild Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duush Baggins Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Linux Mint.

Duush Baggins
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinness Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 am

Duush, anyway you can make your HD dynamic and just set a partition size, just enough to make a dual boot system and put fragmented on it?  Just a thought.
Guinness
Guinness
Website Administrator
Website Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down